Upcoming events and activities with the Consulate of Finland in Hong Kong in 2023
Dear member of the Finland-Hong Kong Business Association,
Please find here a list of events and activities, where one of our closest partners, the Consulate of Finland in Hong Kong, is involved:
- 19.10.: HK Jockey Club Invitation event, where 2 Michelin star chef Mr. Eero Vottonen with his assistant chef will come from Finland to prepare a Finnish “taste trip”.
- 20.10. Finnair 100-Years celebration at the residence
- 26-29.10. Eco Expo ASIA, where the Finland Pavilion, the Consulate of Finland will introduce 10 Finnish companies presenting circular economy and new raw material solutions. Finnish companies EPSE and Fintrade Mercer will present their offering to the audience.
- 1.-3.11. Food from Finland programme and the Finnish Consulate will jointly organise a “roadshow” for Finnish food and beverage companies (Foodpanda, HKTVMall, etc.) to meet potential partners and buyers, and an event at the Consul General’s residence.
- 13.-14.11. Team Finland Bi-annual meeting in Beijing
- 21.-23.11. ALMAC Fair, in which we encourage Finnish companies to participate, the Finnish Consulate has 5 “free” tickets for the event
- 21.-26.11. HK Maritime week.
- 23.-26.11. GIES (Gerontech and Innovation Expo). Three Finnish companies: HUR, Emfit and Wello2 have a joint stand at the “Suomi Pavilion”. Our aim is to bring Santa Claus as the attraction of the stand.
- 6. December, Independence Day reception at the Consul General’s Residence (in 2022 more than 100 participants)
It is also good to know that every Christmas season, there are enquiries from shopping centres and hotels about Finnish winter and Christmas and who would help them to create a real Christmas and winter atmosphere!
In addition to this, the Finnish Consulate:
- Assist (organise meetings, etc.) when a Finnish company or companies visit Hong Kong.
- Develop investor cooperation and matchmaking when Finnish companies are seeking funding.
- Help to get in contact with HK companies, such as KTVMall, a major online retailer.