Green Transition in Hong Kong and the Greater Bay Area (GBA)
Date: 15 February 2023 (Wednesday)
Time: 9am Finnish time (3pm Hong Kong time), length 1,5 hours
Dear Member of the Finland-Hong Kong Business Association (Suomi-Hongkong kauppayhdistys),
Green and sustainable solutions are increasingly in demand around the world. Hong Kong and the Greater Bay Area (GBA) in China provide an excellent target market for such solutions. Hong Kong strives to reach partial decarbonisation by 2035 and achieve carbon neutrality by 2050. Furthermore, plans for the Greater Bay Area plans call it to become China’s renewable energy leader to drive the development of clean energy innovation, green finance and sustainable business practices.
We have the honour to hear from Mr Simon Ng, Chief Executive Officer of Hong Kong’s Business Environment Council Limited, who will talk on green transition needs and opportunities in Hong Kong and the Greater Bay Area. A short Finnish perspective and experience will be presented by Mr Nikitha Manoharan, General Manager for Wärtsilä in Hong Kong.
Opening remarks will be given by Mr Pertti Mero, Chair of the Finland-Hong Kong Business Association, and Mr Timo Kantola, Consul General of Finland in Hong Kong. Comments will be given by Mr Mika Finska, Consul for Trade and Investment at the Consulate General of Finland in Hong Kong.
Please register to the event here.
A Teams-link will be sent to those registered to the webinar.
1. Opening Remarks
– Mr. Pertti Mero Chair, FHKBA
– Mr. Timo Kantola, Consul General, Consulate General of Finland, Hong Kong
2. Green Transition in Hong Kong and Greater Bay Area (GBA) – Mr. Simon Ng, Chief Executive Officer, Business Environment Council Limited, Hong Kong
– Role of digitalization in HK green transition
– HK Giants (energy, airport and construction sectors) and their needs
– Opportunities for Finnish companies in HK and GBA
3. Finnish Perspective to the Green Transition in Hong Kong and the Greater Bay Area
– Nikita Manoharan, General Manager for Wärtsilä in Hong Kong
– Mr. Mika Finska, Consul, Trade and Investment, Consulate General of Finland, Hong Kong
Finland-Hong Kong Business Association
Business Environment Council Limited (BEC) is an independent, charitable membership organisation, established by the business sector in Hong Kong.
More information from: ville.vuorensola(a)chamber.fi