News from Hong Kong (Consulate General of Finland)
- Finland is hot in Hong Kong. The number of FinnCham members increased by 20 % in 2016.
- The Hong Kong Finnish community
- Around 300 Finns living in HK
- All along a few dozen students studying or as a trainee of min. 3 months
- Finland and Hong Kong are reflecting ways to meet the challenge of the future of health services, caused by the aging population in both countries. This provides opportunities for cooperation
- Hong Kong is interested of Finnish Fintech (Financing technology) knowhow and Finland’s lively start-up business
- The Finnish Edutech xEdu made a cooperation agreement with its HK counterpart Education City. That enables piloting of Finnish education start-ups in HK
- Fun Academy (ex-Rovio) has done an agreement with Sky Wide Education Group, who is setting up kindergarten utilizing Finnish education methods. The first one is opened in February.
- HK tourism to Finland is developing well (+32 %). Direct flights from Finland. Finland is well-known about the education system and exotic winter.
- The content for the agreement on preventing double taxation will be finalized in the beginning of 2017
- Investments from HK to Finland are expected to increase: Invest in Finland will recruit an expert whose task is to follow South China (Guangzhou).
- Finland 100 lecture series will be presenting Finland’s strengths in spring 2017.