Marijampole - Baltic FEZ - Free Economic Zone
What is the Baltic FEZ?
The aim of the Baltic FEZ (Marijampoles LEZ) operator is to serve new business partnerships and investments in metal, wood, food, also, engineering sectors in a strategically well located part of Europe and of Lithuania.
Baltic FEZ is located at the Via Baltica highway, in a stretch between Kaunas and Marijampolė. This area provides an opportunity for investors to use the automotive and railroads to transport their cargo to Europe and Asia. Rail Baltica II railway line will provide fast (240 km/h) and efficient cargo transport between Scandinavia, Eastern and Western European countries.
Marijampolė also has the wide CIS standard gauge. This track is conveniently accessible by road, therefore the Baltic FEZ terminal will organize seamless logistic between the narrow and wide railway tracks and motor freight transport between Scandinavia, Europe and Asia.
Baltic FEZ has 80 hectares of industrial plots. Part of the land is intended for medium pollution enterprises. Using the EU Structural Funds, each parcel will be equipped with all necessary infrastructure: electricity, water supply, wastewater and storm water drains, category C and D access roads, not to mention lightning and gas pipelines. Designed parcels perfectly fit for agriculture, food industry, logistics companies.
Our aim as the Baltic FEZ (Marijampoles LEZ) operator is to serve new business partnerships and investments in metal, wood, food, also, engineering sectors in a strategically well located part of Europe and of Lithuania.
The main strategic strengths while considering the setting up in the Baltic FEZ:
1. Territory and location:
- Due to its close bordering with the Baltic Sea, Latvia and direct bordering with Poland, Marijampole region offers logistic access to major markets (East-West).
- International leaders in production choose Marijampole region as the location of it‘s manufacturing unit (e.g. IKEA, DOVISTA).
- within 1-2 hours reach to airports
- within 2-3 hours reach to sea ports
- directly by the RailBaltica and major roads
- within Baltic FEZ there are greenfield land plots with the main infrastructure connections
3. Services and attractive tax incentives in the Baltic FEZ:
- Support services while setting up business (“one-window” approach)
- Corporate profit tax 0% the first 10 years and 7,5% the next 6 years
- Dividend tax 0%
- Real estate tax 0%
You can find more detailed information on the Baltic FEZ website and in these files:
- Baltic FEZ presentation, by Baltic FEZ.
- Marijampole Region presentation, by Invest Lithuania.
- Green cooridor instrument for strategic investmet projects, by Invest Lithuania.